Context - 2025 - The Knowledge Age

I firmly believe that products should be designed with due consideration to their context. Hence I need to decide a context for my city.
I have come decide the context as Asia 2025. The being that it not too far making the poject a work in fantasy and not too close and hence becoming handicapped by current technology.
Now that I have the context, I am trying to identify the social landscape. From our point of view the social landscape depends on the fundamental role of humans in it. We refer the human role as an age example prehistoric age, stone age, iron age etc.
Today according to me we are seeing the demise of industrial age. As the role of humans as carriers of manual skill is getting challenged. More and more people especially in the new economies are becoming carriers of knowledge like programmer in a IT, designers, consultants etc. And thus causing the rise of The Knowledge Age.